2d - Neoquest I - Jungle Ruins - Rollay  

Posted by kreai in

Now that you have defeated Gors, your next challenge is the Ruins Boss - Rollay. You should take the teleporter, (follow the map) and go to find Denethir and get your 2nd weapon upgrade.


Denethir is on Tower Level 1. Once you go through the Teleporter behind Gors (after defeating Gors), it will bring you to Dungeon Level 2 - the place where you started to find Gors.

The stairs directly behind is where you will enter to go to Dungeon Level 1. Walk across the stairway and go up the stair. This will lead you to the Base Level (TNT called it the Ground Level). Looking at the map, there is a stairway which will bring you to Tower Level 1.

The items I have been collecting will give me a Nature Wand. The items you need to give to Denethir:

Glowing Stone
Jungle Pauldrons
Claw of a Jungle Beast
Tooth of a Noil
The Staff of Ni-tas


Q: So what' so good about the Nature Wand?
A: This is what it can do:
Your Nature Wand heals you with Spirit of Oak for 25 health!






Go to the View Item and Equip the Nature Wand. This has a damage of 10.


After that, use the map to get to the basement again. Go to Dungeon Level 3.

Note: On the way down to level 3, continue to fight those little monsters even though they don't give you any Experience Points. They do still give out Potions.

On the way to Rollay, you will meet these monsters (well, they are basically all lizards):



Shock Lizard
Will stun you for 1 round.



Fiery Lizard



Frost Lizard



Flame Lizard



Blizzard Lizard
This lizard carries a Greater Healing Potion. It can heal 95hp.



Lightning Lizard



Inferno Lizard



Electro Lizard



Thunder Lizard
Beware of this lizard. He can stun you 2 rounds and take like 40hp in this 2 rounds. So try to keep your HP high when fighting against him. Of all the lizards, I find him the toughest to win.



Frozen Lizard




Ice Lizard




Ice Lizard Guardian
He can stun you for 2 rounds. He also give out Greater Healing Potion and Strong Healing Potion.



Fire Lizard Guardian



Shock Lizard Guardian
He can stun you for 3 rounds.



Half way through the maze, you will enter a room where you will get to meet Pomanna.




Conversation with Pomanna

Pomanna says: "What do you want?!"

You say, "Who are you?"

Pomanna says: "Who am I? Who am I, that's a good question. Not like you really care. I'm Pomanna, what's it to you?"

You say, "What are you doing down here?"

Pomanna says: "Minding my own business! Maybe that's what you should be doing. Of course with all these lizards around, you got to keep your eyes open."

You say: "What do you know about the lizards?"

Pomanna says: "They scrounge around, out in the caves. I don't know where they come from, but there always seem to be more and more of them... on the other side of the lake, I once thought I saw a lizard that looked like a man. But that's crazy... just like that old lunatic Korabric who I met once."

You say: "Who is Korabric?"

Pomanna says: "He's an old man... I only met him once, when I first found this wretched place. Pah! He said he knew the secrets of this place, why it was like this, but that he was powerless to stop it. The old fool."




At level 27 or 28, you are finally ready to face the Big Boss of the Jungle Ruins. Rollay is stronger than Kreai and Gors. He can stun you for 3 rounds, self heal 45HP and has a 180HP.



You defeated Rollay Scaleback!

Rollay Scaleback hisses angrily as he falls to the ground, defeated. "Ssss... my powersss... are fading. For ages I have ruled this place... aahhhh..." He looks up at you, his eyes narrowing dangerously. "You mussst be insssane if you think you can defeat my... my massster, who gave me these powersss... He will win in the end... he alwaysss doesss..." Rollay coughs and reaches up to pull a small medallion from a chain around his neck, then tosses it to you. "I sssuppose... that you would have a better chance... with this. Find Korabric... here... and tell him... I am sssorry..."

Rollay drags himself to the edge of the lake, and silently slips into the water. He does not resurface.

Rollay Scaleback was carrying jewelled crystal key!
Rollay Scaleback was carrying rusty medallion!

You gain 1000 experience points for defeating this creature!

You are awarded a bonus of 1000 NEOPOINTS for defeating Rollay Scaleback!


Take the teleporter behind Rollay and it will bring you to the entrance of Dungeon Level 3. (Where you begin your journey to find Rollay). Take the stairs up and it will bring you to Dungeon Level 2 (Where Gors was). Then Take the stair that lead to Dungeon Level 1. Once at Dungeon Level 1 go across and take the stairs to go up to Base Level.

Here you can either head straight back the Neopia city or go up the tower to find Korabric. You can skip this because it will only tell you story. If you have enough potion, switch to Sneaking Mode and go up to Tower 5.




Korabric says: "Unbelievable! I had never expected anyone to reach me. I've been locked up here for ages."

You say: "Who are you?"

Korabric says: "My name is... is... Korabric. I had to remember, it's been so, so long since I even thought about it..."

You say: "What are you doing here?"

Korabric says: "I... I was once the master of this place. Ages ago. Ages... it has been a long, long time. We did... research, here. Studying. Learning, about life, the world... but we made a mistake."

You say: "How did he help them?"

Korabric says: "He... it was horrible. He created all sorts of terrible, violent monsters and let them loose down in the caverns. You see, the bottom level of this place was still being built when he went mad. We were expanding to make room for more students, more researchers, more equipment. We had excavated caves and had discovered a huge underground lake."

You say: "There was a giant lizard-man on an island in the center of the lake."

Korabric says: "A... a lizardman? What was his name?"

You say: "His name was Rollay Scaleback."

Korabric says: "Rollay! Amazing! That was the name of the researcher... well, he wasn't Scaleback before, he was just Rollay. A lizard-man... yes, that was his goal, to make himself into a lizard. I only found out about it by accident, after he went mad and the giant lizards started crawling out of the lake. I suppose he eventually succeeded in turning himself into one."



You say: "What about the pygmies in the jungle?"

Korabric says: "Oh, right, the pygmies. Some of them volunteered to be turned into armour-clad warriors, and Rollay did so... in exchange for them serving as soldiers to help him take over the rest of the facility. You see, we fought back; Rollay was only a minor researcher at first, not very powerful in the ways of magic. The other senior researchers and I easily outmatched him... but we were hampered by our desire to see a peaceful resolution, and by the time we realized that Rollay was bent on destroying us all, he had grown in power immensely, and had already created hundreds of giant lizards to do his bidding, as well as begun his process of empowering the pygmies."

"By the time he began to take over the facility, I realized we couldn't fight him any more, so I magically locked myself here in my study, and placed two more magic locks on doors farther down the tower. Rollay had the key to my study but he couldn't get past the other two doors, and the keys to those doors were stolen by a pygmy chief named Kreai who rebelled against Rollay, and a mutated giant pygmy named Gors."

You say: "I fought and defeated Kreai. He had the first key."

Korabric says: "Ah... you are indeed powerful. Kreai was the pygmy chief who struck the deal with Rollay, but later betrayed him and took over the upper dungeon level."

You say: "I fought and defeated Gors. He had the second key."

Korabric says: "Gors was a mighty foe, and a vicious one. I'm glad you defeated him. Did he still have the Staff of Ni-tas with him?"

You say: "Yes. What is the Staff of Ni-tas?"

Korabric says: "The Staff of Ni-tas was a powerful magical artifact, controlled by the Great Empire. It was a focus point for magical energy, tremendously powerful. For some unknown reason, the Circle of Twelve brought it here right after Rollay went mad, but instead of using it against him, somehow Rollay ended up possessing the staff and using it against us! I still don't know why the Circle would have done that to us. But they're all long since dead, I imagine."

You say: "I have fought and defeated one of the Circle members, a wizard named Xantan."

Korabric says: "You defeated Xantan?! Not likely! Unless... unless he had lost his powers. Xantan used to be the leader of the Circle of Twelve, but rumor had it that he was betrayed and deposed by the other Circle members shortly after Rollay took over here. So if that is the case, then I suppose he might have been weakened enough for the likes of you to defeat him."

"It's been hard for me to get information; I've been locked up here for years, though once I did venture down past the monsters in the tower. I ran into Pomanna -- she used to be the chief cook here, though she was always a little crazy -- and tried to get some information from her, but she was out of her mind."

You say: "Pomanna wants you to help her escape."

Korabric says: "She does? Well... now that Kreai, Gors, and Rollay have been defeated, I should easily be able to make my way past the remaining monsters. Perhaps I will go help her. But I must also thank you for rescuing me from this horrible place. Perhaps it can once again be turned into an institution of learning and science. That may take some time, though; there are still many monsters here."


You say: "Rollay was carrying this medallion when I defeated him."

Korabric says: "That is a strange-looking thing... it's a bit rusty, isn't it? I suppose it could be some kind of magic item, although I don't recognize it. Perhaps there are other scholars who might know what it is. My specialty was, obviously, biology, not other kinds of magic."

You say: "What are you going to do now?"

Korabric say: "I'll have to get started flushing all the monsters out of here, now that you've destroyed the three most powerful. I can't thank you enough for your help."

The End.



Now take the teleporter which will bring you back to the base level. Head out the jungle and go back to Neopia City, talk to Eleius.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 at 9:31 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Auto Toothpaste Dispenser

9:20 AM

Lanyard Earphone for IPod Nano

10:35 AM

Post a Comment