NQ 2: Chapter 4a - Shadow Gulch  

Posted by kreai in

Got this from Anubits:
Lightbranch Tunic Dmg 32 - Equip to Talinia
Laminated Holy Chain Dmg 36 - Equip to Velm
Tough Wand Def 36- Equip to Mipsy

We were transported after the video to the Haunted Wood.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So we entered the village - Shadow Gulch.

We talk to the people in the village:


Thylee says: "This is intolerable! Sure, the sun's up all the time, now, twenty-four hours a day... but all that means is the ghosts won't go outside. There's been one holed up in my house for a week--I can't even go inside any more, he's too frightening!"

You say: "Do you know why the sun is staying up?"

Thylee says: "Not exactly. I overheard some of the others say something about Count von Roo... and some kind of spell. But why would he cast a spell to make the sun stay up? He's a vampire! The sun would kill him."



Heinig says: "Is the sun down yet?"

You say: "Sorry, no."

Heinig says: "Darn it. I've been cooped up here for a week, thanks to that stupid Count von Roo! What kind of stupid vampire casts a spell that makes the sun stay up all the time?"

or

You say: "Why, yes, it is!"

Heinig says: "Hooray!" and runs to the door. However, seeing that the sun still shines, he turns back and glares at you. "You liars! You can't trick me into leaving that easily!" He grumpily sits back down on the chair.



Binter says: "Well, at least I'm getting a lot of fresh air, now that the sun's shining, and the birds are chirping... at least, the undead skeletal birds. They make sort of a bone-grating-on-bone sound, rather than chirping, but anyway..."

You say: "Do you know why the sun is staying up?"

Binter says: "If you talked to the others, they may have said this as well, but it was Count von Roo. I could hear him casting a spell; he was just outside my house. I couldn't understand it, though; it was in some obscure language. But I'm sure it was him! I just can't figure out why he'd want the sun to be up, being a vampire and all."



Masen the Macabre says: "Ah, this is the life! Living in a nice house, no worries, no cares... well, 'living' isn't the right word when you're undead, I guess. Don't you agree?"

You say: "Sounds like a good deal."

Masen says: "Yep, it's a nice change from haunting people all night long. The Haunted Woods could sure use a change of pace, I think. All the horror, and terror, and fright... it really gets you down after a while."

or

You say: "Not really."

Masen says: "Well, to each his own, I suppose. But you've got to admit, living in someone else's house is a good deal!"



Direy says: "Are you ghost exterminators? There's one that's been sitting in my house, and eating my food, for a week. I didn't even know ghosts could eat food. In fact, the whole town is infested with ghosts who won't come out now that the sun's up all the time."

You say: "Do you know why the sun is staying up?"

Direy says: "Well, just before it happened, it was early evening. I was just about to have dinner when I heard some kind of ruckus just outside of town. I went to look, and saw a horrible, frightening sight--Count von Roo, the evil vampire, casting some kind of spell! Then the sun came up, and he ran off."

You say: "Where did von Roo run off to?"

Direy says: "I didn't see, exactly, but I can't imagine he would have gone anywhere except to his castle. Just follow the road south of town for a while, and you can't miss it. It's right next to a lake. It's actually his summer castle; he winters on Roo Island." He pauses. "Or so I've heard. Ahem."



Veli the Vaporous says: "Oh, hello. I hope you're not here to exterminate me! I keep hearing Direy outside, grumbling about how he's going to hire ghost exterminators. That would be terrible! All I'm trying to do is stay out of the sunlight. Sunlight's not good for ghosts like me, you know. You're not exterminators, are you?"


You say: "No, we're not."

Veli says: "Well, thank goodness for that. The last thing I'd want is for someone to come try and kill me while I'm waiting for the sun to go down. Kill me again, anyway."

or

You say: "Yes, we are ghost exterminators!"

Veli says: "Eeeeek!" and flees into the bedroom. After a minute, she pokes her head around the doorframe, and says, "Why... why aren't you following me? Hey, you're not really exterminators, are you? That was a mean thing to say. You scared me!" She sighs. "I guess I'm not much of a ghost if I can get scared so easily."

Shop and Rest:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bought:
20 Rot Potions
20 Kougra Sprint Potions
20 Apathy Potions
10 Renewal Potions

Iron Greatsword for Rohane
Heartwood Longbow for Talinia
Polished Holy Chain for Velm
Wizard's Robe for Mipsy

I hope I made the right decision. Because there are 2 weapons where the difference is only 3 that I didn't buy.



Furver says: "What?? Actual travelers! Oh, I'm so happy to see you. I've had a ghost haunting one of my rooms for the past week, and he won't leave. You don't know how happy I am to have actual, living people who want to stay at my inn. It's only 500 gold pieces for a room."

You say: "I'd like to rent a room for the night."

Furver says: "Right there around the corner to the left. If you need anything, just let me know!"


You rest for the night, and wake up refreshed and healthy.


Now we are going to head over to find Von Roo Castle.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 at 11:14 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment