News Editorial Issue: 306  

Posted by kreai in

I want to share this piece of news from the News Editorial.

What is Google Analytics and why is it trying to access information from my computer when I get on Neopets? When I get on Neopets I always see it loading in the bottom left information bar. ~vedegar

TNT: Google Analytics is a service we use to count visitors to our website and see where they go once they're here. It's been very helpful since the redesign to show us if and when people are getting lost in our navigation, along with helping us see what areas of the site are most popular. So when someone visits the Battledome, for example, this service logs it. We're then able to go and see how many people used the Battledome this month, which makes us realise we need to release the next Defenders of Neopia Series 2 challenger. *facepalm*

It's very standard web analytics software, which is used by many, many websites. It in no way accesses your computer, nor does it personally identify you in any way! It's basically like a very sophisticated web counter. :)

My thoughts:I have always wonder what this google analystics that I see so often. Hmmm.... what's your thought? I wonder if this is how they track our account. Like how they can find out if you cheat or not? Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This entry was posted on Monday, August 27, 2007 at 6:59 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Nope. Google Analytics just tracks traffic to the site and other visitor information, like what site you came from to get to Neopets, etc...

7:14 AM

Thanks Robert for the info.

7:20 AM

Post a Comment